Margherita Pizza Recipe
Make your own delicious pizza in the comfort of your own home.
- 900g flour
- 500ml water
- 50ml extra virgin olive oil
- 30g salt
- 5g yeast
- 700g tomato passata
- 250g mozzarella cheese
- On a chopping board, or worktop, make a mountain out of the flour, spread the salt around the edges, and then in the centre pour the water and dissolve the yeast in it.
- Add the oil and make it all into a dough. Knead it for a few minutes and then put into an airtight container and leave to rise for one hour and 30 mins. Transfer the container to a refrigerator and leave for at least eight hours, or overnight.
- Divide the dough into seven pieces (each one about 220g), put them on a tray – each one positioned with enough room around it – and leave them until they double in volume.
- Stretch out the dough with your hands, put some holes in it with a fork, and add your tomato passata, mozzarella and basil, then put in a preheated oven at 250° and cook for 5-10 minutes or until cooked through.