The retirement estate for people who don’t like retirement estates.
The beauty of Oakfield Rise – beyond its natural setting – is that it meets so many people’s needs. For those who value their privacy, and enjoy their own space and freedom, each villa is built on its own generous block. But unlike living by yourselves in the old family home or a unit in the suburbs, at Oakfield Rise you’ll have all the advantages of being a part of a tight-knit community. That means if you want to go off on holiday, you can lock up and leave the place without worrying every day about what’s happening at home.
Of course, it also means that when you are at home, you can enjoy some company any time you want it in the impressive, purpose-built community centre with neighbours you can relate to. And unlike many retirement estates, this vibrant space will also be open to the public, so you’ll never feel isolated.
All around you, the beautiful gardens (which, remember, you don’t have to maintain) lead into the natural beauty of the nearby creek and wetlands: the perfect place for a stroll, a bike ride, walking the dog or simply a place to sit in the sun and watch the world go by. Bliss.
So, no matter whether you’re a social butterfly or just prefer time to yourself, Oakfield Rise will offer you and your family the reassurance of living in a place where people care about each other but don’t have to live in each other’s pocket.
Oakfield Rise: at a glance.
- Open to retirees or those over 55 years of age who wish to continue living independently.
- 180 villas to be built over several stages.
- Stage 1 will offer 2- and 3-bedroom villas with 22 designs, five floor plans and 10 alternative façades, and is due for completion in mid-2019.
- Owned and run by Southern Cross Care, a charitable, not-for-profit organisation.
- Community facilities will be open to sharing with family, friends and the local community and will be built with Stage 3 (subject to sales).
- A manager will be on-site when the estate has attained a commensurate scale.
- Southern Cross Care’s Oakfield Lodge residential care facility is adjacent for future health planning.